Finding the best corrugated packaging supplier for your new or small business can feel like an overwhelming and impossible task. With so many different options out there, how can you possibly determine which can best meet your needs if you don’t even know what your needs are? In that case, make sure to check out this ultimate guide to packaging, as well.
If this is the case, you really need more than a packaging supplier—you need a partner to help guide you along your business journey. Thankfully, we are here to be exactly that—a partner! We are always here to help you out, which is why we have created this guide to finding the best corrugated packaging suppliers.
What You Need to Know About Corrugated Packaging
Before we dive into corrugated packaging suppliers, it’s a good idea to cover some of the basics surrounding corrugated cardboard boxes and pallets and corrugated packaging in general, so that you can understand some of the lingo used throughout this article.
- Corrugated cardboard refers to a specific type of packaging material that’s thicker than regular paperboard as it’s made up of two different components: a medium and a liner. The liner is a flat, lightweight piece, whereas the medium is a heavy-duty fluted paper that’s folded into an accordion shape and then connected to the liner to provide reinforcement. It's often used for regular slotted cartons, often referred to as RSC.
- There are different types of corrugated boards, depending on the arrangement of the liner and medium components. The most common type of board is a single-wall board which consists of a single fluting sandwiched in between two sheets of liner for a durable yet still lightweight packaging solution. You can also get boards with a double wall or even a triple wall if you need extra support for bulk cargo, although this corrugated material isn't used for consumer products as frequently.
- There are also different sizes of flutes for corrugated shipping containers. Flute sizes range from quite thin at 0.8 millimeters to very thick at 5 millimeters. You should choose thicker flute sizes if you’re packaging heavy-duty materials that need extra protection and insulation. The most common flute size is type “C,” which measures 4 millimeters.
The Best Corrugated Packaging Supplier: BoxGenie
Now that you know the basics of corrugated boxes, it’s time to talk distributors. If you do a simple Google search for “corrugated packaging suppliers,” you’ll end up with endless results. So how can you narrow that down and find the best ones in the supply chain?
Thankfully, we have done the hard work for you and can confidently say that BoxGenie is the best in the business—in part thanks to the fact that BoxGenie has been in the packaging supply business for so long—almost 50 years! This type of experience and knowledge is definitely something that you want to utilize while designing and creating your brand’s corrugated packaging.
What Makes BoxGenie The Best?
Anyone can say that they’re the best, but what actually makes BoxGenie the best? We are here to show you that we aren’t all talk—we can back it up with actual proof.
- BoxGenie boasts a client list of over 2,000 brands, including big names like Canon, Bose, and Black+Decker.
- BoxGenie does everything in-house within the United States and doesn’t outsource anything to foreign countries so that you’re guaranteed quality and consistency in each order.
- BoxGenie cares about the environment and has been recognized as one of the most sustainable packaging companies in North America, thanks to its dedication to eco-friendly production and packaging processes.
- BoxGenie is able to get your packaging products to you in a timely manner with rush production and rush packaging options available.
- BoxGenie started off as a small business, so they know what it’s like to be in your position. They want to help you along the journey to success by sharing with you what they’ve learned along the way.
What Products Does BoxGenie Offer?
Sure, BoxGenie sounds great, but what types of paper products do they actually offer? Here’s everything you need to know about the amazing custom products that BoxGenie offers:
- Custom Mailer Box: This sturdy and compact mailer is ideal for eCommerce or subscription boxes. This custom box comes in a variety of sizes, including 12x12x3, 4x4x2, 6x6x2, 8x5x3, 8x6x4, 9x8x3, 10x9x4, and 14x10x4. The corrugated cardboard featured on this box is E flute material with a thickness of about 1.5 millimeters. With a variety of different patterns, colors, paper types, and printing options, it’s totally easy for you to select the perfect custom mailer box for your business from BoxGenie, so you're not just stuck with a boring brown box.
- One-Piece Folder Box: This sleek yet durable folding carton is easy to assemble and is ideal for packaging a wide variety of flat items ranging from books to artwork. This custom one-piece mailer is available in sizes including 6x6x1, 10x8x2, 12x12x3, 14x12x2, 14x12x3, and 16x14x3. The corrugated cardboard featured on this box is B flute material with a thickness of about 3 millimeters. You can choose from essential white, magic white, or kraft paper types to achieve the exact custom look and feel that you’re going for.
Shipping Box: This classic and durable box is compact and cleverly designed—making it ideal for shipping all sorts of things that may need a little bit more protection, so it works great for warehousing stock boxes, as well as sending out. This custom shipping box comes in a variety of different sizes, including 6x6x6, 8x8x8, 10x10x8, 12x12x6, 12x12x10, 14x14x12, 16x14x14, 20x18x12, and 24x12x12.
The corrugated cardboard featured on this box is also B flute material with a thickness of about 3 millimeters—offering plenty of cushioning and protection for delicate or fragile items. You can choose to print on the inside, the outside, or on both so that you can properly show off the labeling of your brand.
- Triangle Document Mailer: Say goodbye to the circular mailing tubes of years past in favor of a more practical and modern design with this triangle document mailer. This sturdy packaging design is equipped to protect all of your precious documents or artwork thanks to its E flute corrugated cardboard design with a thickness of about 1.5 millimeters. This mailer comes in different sizes, including 3x12, 3x18, 3x24, and 3x36, so that you can easily find the right size for your smallest documents to your biggest works of art.
What Services Does BoxGenie Offer?
But BoxGenie isn't just an amazing box manufacturer, it also offers top-notch services. For example, if you’re totally new to the packaging game and don’t have a clue where to begin, BoxGenie offers a live chat tool on their website so that you can get live assistance to answer all of your questions. If you’re not a big fan of online chatting, you can also easily contact them by phone. All of this assistance is available without any hidden set-up fees that many other supplies may end up charging you for their guidance.
Another great service that BoxGenie offers is allowing you to design and view your custom packaged online through their easy-to-use design tool. All you have to do is pick your box, the color/pattern, the paper type, and printing options. The tool will allow you to preview your creation before you go any further just to make sure that it’s exactly how you imagined it. There’s also the option to upload custom images onto the boxes so that you can really show off your brand and advertise through your packaging!
Finally, if design isn’t your forte and you generally know what you’re looking for, BoxGenie also has a whole selection of pre-made designs to choose from. All you have to do is check out their design showcase, select an option that catches your eye, and choose your own specifications from there. It really is that easy with BoxGenie’s incredible services.
Why You Should Choose Custom Packaging
If you’re looking for a way to show off your brand and make a strong first impression on your customers, custom packaging is definitely the way to go. Consumers have unlimited options these days, and you won’t win yourself any points if you go with boring and basic brown packaging. Instead, customers are looking for an unboxing experience that can be created by investing in custom packaging.
But choosing custom packaging doesn’t just increase customer approval and satisfaction—it can also serve as an additional marketing tool. By incorporating your brand logo, patterns, colors, etc., into your packaging, you are creating a cohesive brand image. With eye-catching designs featured on custom packaging, everyone from the mailman to the next-door neighbor will take note and have a positive impression of your brand—this can potentially lead to new customers down the line thanks to building brand recognition.
As you can see, BoxGenie is definitely the best corrugated packaging supplier out there, thanks to their unmatched products, services, and experience. So before you overwhelm yourself by researching countless corrugated packaging suppliers, reach out to BoxGenie first and see for yourself what they can offer you!
Over 2,000 brands trust us to help them grow and build successful businesses. Find out how custom packaging can work to help take your brilliant brand to the next level!
“They can’t be beat for price, speed, and quality. We trust them with all our packaging needs!”
“They can’t be beat for price, speed, and quality. We trust them with all our packaging needs!”